Okay so here is the untold story about the canoe actually tipping!
So we were heading to the other side of the lake(away from the start of the river). Well Aunt Laura started shaking the canoe while Joey and Katie were in it. Well that made them get really mad. So Maddy and I switched canoes with Katie and Joey.
So now we were with Aunt Laura. Well she let the 2 of us jump in a couple times. Well whenever we would jump in we would first bang on the bottom of the canoe to scare the fish away. Well both Maddy and I were out of the canoe and there was an eagle in the air, so everyone was paying attention to it.
Well I decided that it was the perfect time to get in the canoe. That was not a very good assumption. Well the extra weight in the canoe made it kind of tip. So everyone except Aunt Laura got in the good canoe. So once we got to shore Dad and Aunt Laura emptied the canoe of water and the day ended happily.
I won't go into detail about Joey crying. Also we were wearing swimsuits.
2 comments:
You left out the fact that with all the excitement of the canoe tipping your Dad missed getting to see the eagle snag a fish...
Good story!
I loved your story, Nick. Remind me not to go canoeing with you.
Tante Evi
Post a Comment