Saturday, September 22, 2007

So you know how when aunt Laura posted the thing about the canoing on our camping trip? Well she said she wouldn't say anything about the canoe tipping. I feel like it is important for you to know. So here it is. Maddy, aunt Laura and i were trying to fight the wind so we could get back to the dock. (Dad, Katie and Joey were near the shore.) Well we were paddling as hard as we could (we had just found a rhythm ) and Maddy noticed some foam in the water. Well then she starts to cry because this is where the boats go and were going to get run over. Which makes me stop paddling. Then the canoe starts drifting backwards!!! Aunt Laura starts telling us to paddle or else. Which makes us both paddle and while where pushing as hard as we can to get it turned around, I start to lean to get more leverage. And what do you know the next moment the three of us are almost in the water!!!!! But in the end we all end up safely in the dock. YA

3 comments:

Viki said...

I'm glad you all ended up safe! I'd be a little freaked out if I thought I were going to go over the edge, too!

Laura said...

I love your posts Nick - we'd love to hear more. How about some posts telling us about how Middle School is going?

Oh and by the way, you didn't tell the story of the previous day when you DID tip the canoe and Aunt Laura ended up in the water...

nak said...

Oh sorry i'll do that.