I am going to post (with not a single picture) to get opinions on curriculum for the girls, so please comment or send me an e-mail if you have thoughts.... We are going to start studying Latin, but my dilemma is should we pick a curriculum that has classical or Christian pronunciation?
Our reasons for studying Latin are for the vocabulary and also for the grammar - I'm not intending for them to become fluent or anything that serious... I'm leaning towards the Christian pronunciation just because there are more curriculum choices if I go that route, but I didn't know if there was a compelling reason to look for something with the classical.
This is my last curriculum decision for this year..... let the thoughts roll in so I can finish my orders for this year! :)
5 comments:
Why not move back to Palatine and I will teach the girls German instead. I already have the curriculum, it will same you lots of time and effort.
Eva
Ego operor non instar pronunciation est iens futurus ut maximus , ut vos mos non exsisto eruditio lingua pro sermo voluntas.
Eva - yes, yes, we sometimes wish that as well. But under the present circumstances I don't think that the girls are old enough for a correspondence course in German! If we were still in Palatine I could save oodles of money. Grandpa piano lessons, Viki voice lessons, you could do German and Trey obviously could do Latin...
And to Trey - huh???
Sorry...I was just being silly. I typed something into a Latin online translator. I don't really know the language. :-)
Here's a consideration - in singing, one of the pronunciations is referred to as the German (I think one is "classical" and one is "German"), though I'm not sure which one. Most choirs in the US & England do NOT use the German.
So, if you think the girls will be doing a lot of classical singing when they grow up, don't use the German so as not to mess up their singing later?
Post a Comment