Saturday, August 19, 2006






As many of you know, we joined a CSA ("community supported agriculture" farm - www.pennypackfarm.org if you are interested in those types of things...). Craig jokes that it was a large sum of money to allow our children to weed - Maddy loves to go and weed at the farm. But besides weeding, we do get a share of veggies every week. Being vegetable challenged, I often do not know what I am getting. So, I thought it would be fun to play name that fruit/vegetable right here on the blog! So here is this week's mystery item - you get bonus points if you can not only name it but come up with a recipe that my family enjoys! (And yes, I do know that is a banana in the background - I only put it in the picture for scale...)

3 comments:

TreyJ said...

I'm gonna guess that they are tomatillos.

Viki said...

I'd guess some kind of squash? They're a little small though. Were there any bigger ones growing with it?

Anonymous said...

The green shiney one on the right looks like a green tomato.