Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The last lap of that great mile race

Here’s the last lap from the mile race that Nicky ran at the Durham County District track meet.   Nicky came in third – as the video shows, almost second (6/100th of a second out of 2nd place!!!)

The young man in first place is Michael;  the second place winner is Ramel.  Both are teammates of Nicky’s and all were proud winners at this year’s meet.

Nicky’s boys track team won the District championship – here’s a neat picture of Nicky.

Nicky- track trophy

To complete his track meet, Nicky placed 5th in the 800 (2 laps around the track) race.   Very cool!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Two things:
-The man in second is named Romel, no a.
-I also noticed that you did not mention that we won the meet with 114 points while second place had 62:). It was a very good meet and I had alot of fun.
-Nicky

Laura said...

Very nice run Nicky! I do believe you have met half of your New Year's resolution! :)

Markus said...

Nicky you ROCK!!!