So Scooter was outside in the yard and just HAD to walk through my garden, when I saw him start jumping around like he was walking on hot coals.... By his feet, I see this 4 foot long slithering black snake who was clearly not happy to be disturbed. EWWWWW! Lucky for us, the pest control guy was here pumping gallons of toxic chemicals around our house to eliminate any pesky termites that might think my humble abode was lunch. He quickly called his "snake guy" and they scientifically identified it as a black racer back, since it turned away from the ringing phone (rather than attacking the phone and thus identifying it as a moccasin, which I understand would be very bad for Scooter.)
Perhaps this will teach Scooter to stay out of the garden - of course it may also teach me to stay away as well.... He is now sound asleep after his frightening encounter - I keep checking his breathing just in case.... Between this and the pesky neighbor cat who stalks the dogs at night, my dogs may be so frightened of the outdoors that I will need to toilet train them...
1 comment:
Poor Scooter. I hate snakes, too.
Post a Comment