Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Some pictures and an amusing story.....

On the way to Jacksonville, Nana & GpaZ were lucky enough to get into Paula Deen's Restaurant. If any of you have ever tried, you have to stand in line to put your name in early in the morning - no reservations or anything. They just got lucky and a table was available on the day they stopped!

So here is a picture of them with a picture of Paula Deen - well hey - Paula can't be there cooking every day! :)













We finally found a place for Katie to start riding horses again. Doesn't she look at home on top of the horse??? Where did that gene come from????












I love horse riding lesson day because I get to go out to this great farm in the middle of nowhere Florida and sit, enjoying the great scenery. Plus Katie loves her new instructor and just loves being out at the farm with the cows, horses and pig....

Did I say pig???? This is Chuckie the Pig. He is enormous and just roams the farm. But he loves to eat.







He even loves to eat books.... I set down my book to help Katie get the horse hosed off and came back to find that Chuckie ate my library book. Imagine the look on the librarian's face when I told her - I was very sorry, but a pig ate my library book. I then had to point out the title "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" - she didn't seem very amused at the irony.

The book is a good read, but an even better one is The Omnivore's Dilemma. Although I must warn that if you are not into learning about the source of your food, don't read either.... You may never eat the same again. Maddy got us started on learning about the humane treatment of animals. Although I don't think she likes enough vegtables to go totally vegetarian, she is looking to have some land and raise her own chickens and a goat! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Regarding the family diet - does this mean do more Tammy's double decker with SAUSAGE?
Loved all the pictures - how much did the pig's snack cost you at the library?
Grandpa L - I'm still anonymous until I set up an account.....

Anonymous said...

Oppps - I didn't preview. I meant NO more pizza.....