This is a picture of us biking. Maddy & Nick completed a 17 mile bike ride - yes, I said 17 miles! They rode around Lake Itasca with Walter and me. They are troopers! (And just because there always has to be a Walter story....) And Maddy even got right back on her bike after Walter ran her off the bike path..... :)
On the biking adventure, we stopped to climb a fire tower. I asked them to look like they were about to jump for this silly picture. I'm not sure if it is pretend or real fear on Nick's face.... You can see from the next picture how high the tower is. When you climb up, it is all metal grating so you can see all the way down through the stairs and to add to the fear, it shakes in the wind a good amount. Both the kids and I were a bit squeamish going all the way to the top, but the view was awesome.
2 comments:
Nicky says it was real fear! That tower was really high and shaky!
I can understand Nick's fear. Ask Tante Trudi about the time she and I climbed up to the top of the Statue of Liberty......although I am sure she has tried to block out that memory.
Post a Comment