Wednesday, April 04, 2007

We have finally landed in Jacksonville! Here we are enjoying an afternoon at the beach - not sure who enjoys it the most - dogs or girls..... The water is still too cold for me, but the girls say it is fine. I would never rely on the dog's opinion since they went into the water at Cape May in November and I think the water temperature was about 50 degrees..... So I guess that makes the girls more reliable.




You can weigh in on the current house/location choices:

1st home is in an area called San Marco. Close to the river, but not the beach. Old home with lots of character, which is what we usually pick. In Duval County - schools not so good, but this area is a highly desirable area of Jacksonville with cute shops and walk to lots of stuff and real neighborhoods. Homes are smaller. I don't believe they have ever filmed an episode of "Cops" in this area which seems to be a good indicator....

2nd home is in a golf club community and is newer construction. Very family oriented - community pool, playground, activities director that does kids/family activities. One of the best school districts in FL from what we have heard (although I'm not sure better than really bad is so good....) Might be fun to live in a house where the projects are to paint and pretty rather than fix the leaks and squeaks...

3rd home is at the beach. You can walk to the beach. It is an older home, but still rather recent, I think around 80's. Same good school district. Many added expenses to the area namely insurance, but did I say you can walk to the beach???? Walter can even run on the beach and it is very important to us to consider that as well! :) Life would just be one big vacation. Can you move to the beach and not live at the beach????

All homes have a pool which is at the top of the list for the girls. So I guess with the beach house, the girls could come home from the beach and hop into the pool! :)

Disclaimer - Each and every opinion will be read, but we may or may not consider it if it is too practical! :)

1 comment:

Eva said...

Pick the house with the most room for guests. You may be getting lots of visitors during the winter months.

Eva