Thursday, October 19, 2006





Oscar passed away last night after 18 grumpy but good years. He had been so lifeless on Wednesday that I was going to bring him into the vet when Craig returned from San Francisco. It was almost like he was waiting for Craig to get home... When Craig came in and scratched him behind the ears, Oscar lifted his head which was the most movement I had seen since lunch. Craig then took the girls to swim and I stayed with Oscar. About an hour later he was in my lap and took some noticeable breaths and then died. If you gotta go, that's the way to do it.... :(

I asked Maddy who she thought he was pestering this morning for a drink from the sink and she replied, "Oh - Mommy, he can drink from the bowl again!"

2 comments:

Viki said...

Sorry to hear about this, but I'm sure it'll be nice for Oscar up in kitty heaven.

Eva said...

Rest in peace, Oscar!