Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Krispy Kreme Challenge

On Saturday, Feb 5, Nicky and his friends (fellow cross-country’ers) entered the Krispy Kreme Challenge.   For those who are unfamiliar with the race, one runs 2 miles, eats 1 dozen doughnuts and then runs 2 more miles to the finish line.   You must keep your doughnuts DOWN in order to officially finish the race.   As part of the race festivities, Nicky and his pals dressed up in pink “sofies”, white compression shorts, a t-shirt with “Crème Team” on the back (sleeves cut off), white headband and rainbow socks.   Nicky did finish the race, but I don’t think he wants to see doughnuts again for awhile!

002004

The breast cancer ladies invited the “pink” guys for a photo op.   Too bad Nick’s in the back, but you can see what a festive group they were.

 

007

It’s a bit fuzzy, but you can see Nicky running in the race.   Sorry, no pictures of him eating the doughnuts, but I’m told the key was to smunch 4 doughnuts together, eat, drink a sip of water and continue on.

Nice job, Nicky!

4 comments:

Eva said...

Way to go, Nicky! Love the pink shorts!

Eva

Markus said...

Nicky I think you found your color. PINK!

Unknown said...

You should have vomited Nicky!!! I am ashamed of you.

Viki said...

Wow, good job keeping the donuts down! I would've puked all over the place.