The Little’s invited the Kreiling’s to Pennsylvania for a weekend of skiing. What an eventful weekend it was! Everyone (minus Uncle Craig & me) decided to learn snowboarding on Friday. I went along to sit in the lounge in front of the fire drinking my hot toddy – little did I know I would end up sitting on a hard chair a long distance from the fireplace! Oh, well – I did get a lot of reading accomplished.
Anyway, here are some photos of the clan headed off for snowboarding -
You’ll notice that Katie is the smart one, conserving her energy for the long day ahead! *smile*
Later that morning, the clan had their beginner’s snowboarding lesson. I took some shots of that & will post, but I’m pretty far away…
Katie who, I heard, liked to head straight down the hill and not mess with all that toe-heel nonsense…
Laura, who as you can see, spent a lot of time falling down!
Now, shortly after lunch, here’s what popped into the lodge -
you’ll note that BOTH wrists are splinted and Nick was NOT a happy camper. Uncle Walter, Nick & I sat at the table and waited for Tante Laura, Maddy, Joey & Katie to come down the hill. And we waited, and waited, and waited… Finally, they arrived and we all left Bear Mountain and headed to the emergency room. X-rays were taken and luckily only one wrist was fractured. Here’s the outcome -
I need to take a picture of it after his first day back at school – it’s covered in autographs, most of which are from girls with lots of hearts and flowers. What a dude!
Here are some photos from the next day of skiing – Katie, Nicky and I stayed home; the rest of the gang went skiing proper this time – no more messing around with that snowboard!
So, a good time all around! Oh, and since Nicky was injured at Bear Mountain, they gave everyone vouchers for a free day of skiing with lift tickets and a free snowboard lesson! Next year, Bear Mountain here we come!
--Amy
4 comments:
Ouch! I hope Nick heals quickly!
Love the orange cast! Speedy recovery Nick!
Tante Trudi
I love the pictures, but I'm sorry - I have to be the grammar police. At the beginning of your post, Littles and Kreilings should not have apostrophes before the Ss, since you're using the plural, rather than the possessive, of each.
*ducks and runs*
Post a Comment