Better late than never, here are more pictures from our trip to Washington D.C. in April. After dropping off Nicky at the Leadership conference, Joey & Amy headed to Philly to stay at Tante Laura’s house for the week, while Walter headed home. Since Joey was missing a week of school, we tried to make our trip to Philly an educational adventure. A side trip to Gettysburg was made – here are Joey & Katie very excited about our trip -
But they woke up in time to view some monuments. I will add an aside here that the program at the Visitor’s Center in Gettysburg was REALLY good. If you’re in the area, I definitely recommend it. This is the place where Lincoln made his famous Address -
Two more pictures show Katie & Joey actually reading the Gettysburg Address. I was very impressed with their interest in Gettysburg.
Finally here’s Tante Laura on a very windy, cold day in Gettysburg -
A few days later, we all visited the US Mint in downtown Philadelphia. Little did we know that NO cameras are allowed in the Mint so I have no pictures to show. It was also the Thursday afternoon before Good Friday so no minting was being done. The museum was interesting, but it sure would have been cool to see the minting machines in action!
No comments:
Post a Comment