Thursday, January 22, 2009

An Indian Village and the Noodlebret

I've had a request to post a picture of the famed Indian Village that Joey made with the help of his dad.   A lot of hard work on both their parts went into making this.   It represents a village from a Piedmont (Greensboro area) Indian tribe.   Note the mud huts - very indicative of the Piedmont area!   No grade yet, but it is on display in the school library.

Jan2009 016

For Christmas, Walter received a Noodlebret from his mom.   Within two weeks of receiving it, Walter hosted a dinner & wine party for our friends.   Walter made homemade gnocchi for us.  The noodlebret was used and the gnocchi was wonderful (as was the wine!)

Jan2009 012

And we'd be remiss if we didn't post a picture of our snow that arrived Monday night.   The young man with the boys is Nick - he's a friend of Nicky's.   The boys were already out of school on Tuesday so we all watched the inauguration.  Wednesday was a snow day and today was a 2-hour delay.   All for 3 inches of snow!  

Jan2009 019

Jan2009 020

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job on the village! You deserve an A+!

Laura said...

Good to know that Walter - oh I mean Joey- is doing so well in 4th grade Social Studies! :)

Hope you are enjoying the snow. I think that you got more snow than we did. The girls are jealous!

Viki said...

Glad you guys got some snow - I know Nicky & Joey really wanted it to snow while you were here, and I think you were here during the only week we didn't have any.

I need to use my noodlebret still. Maybe I'll make some grumbiere & noodle soon.