Friday, May 09, 2008

We had an awesome time at Disney. No pictures, but we got to see Miley Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers in concert and it was free! Plus we saw Zack & Cody at Disney one night and the Jonas Brothers at Disney Hollywood Studios one afternoon. Very exiting! :)

Since I have no pictures of Disney, I am posting pictures of my garden just because I am amazed at how much it has grown.

This is a picture of a plant that Nana sent me. She sent it before all the upheaval in our lives, so I am not sure I will plant it until we know where life will take us.... Thanks Nana! It is VERY fragrant. (The little plants in front are my pumpkin seedlings.)















I am doing my garden in containers this year. The soil here in Florida is awful. But this method seems to be working well. I have peppers, onions, tomatoes, carrots, green beans, cucumbers, zucchini, popcorn & sweet corn.





I already had one ripe tomato that was super yummy and many more to come....





And my favorite of all is my blueberry patch. Ummm very yummy! I have to cover it because the birds think it is yummy as well!



5 comments:

wnk said...

Very impressive!

Laura said...

Maybe I should make a tomato & blueberry salsa!

Will you be as impressed when this is all sitting in your front yard - since that is the only sunny place? Along with the camper?

At least we got rid of the excess canines! :)

Anonymous said...

JOEY

I WANTED TO GO TO THE CONCERT BUT NOOOOOOOOO MY PARENTS WOULDN'T LET THE LITTLES ME A TICKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:(

TreyJ said...

I do all of my planting in containers here at the condo. In Italy, I did tomatoes and zucchini in containers, and the neighbors thought I was crazy. The veggies were awesome, though!

I wish we had enough sun to grow veggies here. Keep us updated!

Grandpa Little said...

For some reason the blueberries reminded me of little bitsy Maddy with her raspbery bucket in Elgin, two thousand years ago.

Strangely, very few berries ever made it to her bucket. Most went directly into her little face.


Love, Grandpa L.