Thursday, April 10, 2008

OK. This is an experiment.

I just stumbled into the blog after not have been there for a long time. Poking around, I discovered that you can upload video! (Imagine that, he says, as though he had just discovered fire.)

Takes about approximately 43 years to upload about 3 minutes worth, but it can be done.

And here is the attempt.

The thing that I uploaded here is about 32MB of unedited video of young Madeline's 1st piano recital. It was uploaded as a WMV file (Windows) so I don't know if a Mac viewer can see it.

I started out trying to upload an MPEG file of the same event but it was nearly 3 times as large so you probably can guess that I did not have the stamina for it. Turns out that you don't need it that relatively "uncompressed" for these purposes anyway.

I am guessing/hoping that once this WMV is uploaded, Blogger accomodates it/doesn't care, so that anyone who can see the blog can see the video.

If not, I know that I can probalby upload as a Quicktime file, which I know Mac folks can see.

I am wondering what loading something like this does to the allocated capacity of any given blog. I may have use up KLOSZ allotment for some time.

Anyway, let me know is you can ever view this.

Grandpa L.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I REALLY, REALLY like the video of Maddy playing the peanut's theme song I think it is lovely, elegant and beautiful.

Joey

Laura said...

Thanks for posting this! Yes, Mac users can see it.

Laura

Eva said...

Wonderful piano playing, Maddie! Great job!

Tante Evi