I normally just post pictures of the kids, but given the news of the week, I thought I would actually post some thoughts....
Things we will miss about Phildalphia (Since most of you know ALL the stuff we won't miss!)
1. All the cool homeschool activities/classes (Maddy & Katie)
2. All the friends we have made here (Maddy & Katie)
3. How close we are to good skiing (Maddy & Katie)
4. Riding our bikes through Fairmount Park all the way to downtown Philly and the art museum.
5. Running the loop down into the park and up the KILLER Rex Hill (Uncle Walter ya with me on this one???)
6. All the great history.
7. Philly Cheesesteaks (had to add that one)
8. Our old house - I like how small and cozy it is.
9. Our location - Chestnut Hill, being so close to the train & all the great shops that we can walk to.
10. Full-service gas!!!!!
Now I need to spend an extra 15 minutes getting ready to go skiing since I will need to dig out the car - even though we live in the city of Philadelphia, there will be no plowing on our street! :) Oh that's right, this post is about the stuff I WILL miss....
6 comments:
What news? I think I am missing some key information here.
Eva
I must agree with number 5, it is a good challenging route with minimal traffic. I must also agree with 7, they are mighty tasty.
I'd like to add one, if I may: I will miss the staging area for treks into the Northeast US and Atlantic provinces of Canada. It will be more difficult to plan a vacation to Newfoundland now, and skiing the double black diamond at Smugglers' Notch seems less likely.
The news - Laura, Craig and the girls are moving to Jacksonville, FL in April. Craig has accepted a new job with Harte-Hanks. He starts 1 April. If you're looking for a house in Philadelphia, I know one for sale...
--Amy
I was telling Craig about my post and having Amy remind me that all blog readers don't know our big news..... Craig then commented that it was a great way to generate comments on the blog. He's right, more comments than we have had in ages!!!
As for Uncle Walter's opportunity to ski Smuggler's Notch (and that would be the TRIPLE black diamond) - you just have to buy lift tickets & pay for ski rental, the lodging is on us if you come in Mid-March...... Oh sorry, did I tempt you with that in writing????? I promised your wife not to do that! :)
When I mentioned the news of your move to Jacksonville, Tony said..."again?" Isn't that where you moved to the first time you moved?
Eva
Good memory... we lived in Delray Beach which is just north of Ft. Lauderdale, but same coast. Gosh - that was 12 years ago - where does the time go???
Post a Comment